• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Appropriate Size for Dubias

Caelth

Hi!

I have a successful mealworm and superworm colony I use for my gerbils and mantis. I have a spotted dubia roach collection but they are all under 0.5". My current tarantula is on superworms and I'm looking to move them onto dubias as well but Sherlock refuses to even consider these little guys. My tarantula is roughly 3" diameter. What would be a good size for him to be on?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi!

I have a successful mealworm and superworm colony I use for my gerbils and mantis. I have a spotted dubia roach collection but they are all under 0.5". My current tarantula is on superworms and I'm looking to move them onto dubias as well but Sherlock refuses to even consider these little guys. My tarantula is roughly 3" diameter. What would be a good size for him to be on?
At 3” dls (diagonal leg span) your T can take any size of dubia. Take your dubia, with a tweezers crush it’s head and put it on its back near your T. The dubia cannot arm your T and will remain alive and moving for over a week.