• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone ever use one of these for a fossorial?

ryanm7277

I know technically it’s for an oboreal setup, but considering the top is the life I thought I could put the burrowed in it? 10x9 floor space and almost 11”of substrate if I fill it up. Thinking bout putting an Aphonopelma Seemani in it?

Attachments

• 7D86C096-E179-47ED-933A-9AB055A06589.jpeg
    7D86C096-E179-47ED-933A-9AB055A06589.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a Cyriopagopus albostriatus, (Thai Zebra, edible spider.) In a top opening arboreal enclosure, as they are big burrowers & like to burrow deep.

I do not see any harm in putting a semani in your enclosure, with plenty of substrate in it. But a fossorial T, which could make better use of the deep substrate would be a better choice.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Is the bottom sealed? Seemani should be fine, but any that require a moister substrate may be an issue if it's not sealed. They may dry faster from the air getting in from the bottom or, if you were to get a little over zealous watering...leak. I keep my 4 Cobalts in 8x12 enclosures and also keep varying levels of moisture within.