• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Xenesthis immanis Female

Tarantulabas1993

Feel Free to leave comments

Attachments

• 20200303_115734.jpg
    20200303_115734.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Are they normaly that leggy(seems leggy from the pic) as a species.Any particular husbandry tips as thinking getting few slings of them myself
Regards Konstantin

E

ExMember

Awesome tarantula! Such a beauty!

Are they normaly that leggy(seems leggy from the pic) as a species.Any particular husbandry tips as thinking getting few slings of them myself
Regards Konstantin

All the ones I have seen are pretty leggy.

Tarantulabas1993

Just wandered.
Leggy or not is awesome looking spider:T:
Hello,
This is a female, as she gets older she will bulk up alittle but yes it's a leggy species. Males are bright colored and short lived while females are a dull but dark purple with charcoal legs and long lived. I keep min in a 6 gallon enclosure with 5 inches of substrate, hide, and a fake plant. They are moisture dependent with high humidity but like all tarantulas if your comfortable they are comfortable. Just make sure you mist it a couple times a week when they reach juvenile stage.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just out of curiosity. I'm assuming this picture is taken with camera flash? Looks too colourful to me to be female (I'll add I don't keep this species) I'm guessing you've sexed its moult yourself?

Tarantulabas1993

It was a confirmed female from Jamie's tarantulas website. Males are a more colorful while females are darker. Yes I have a flash camera which I used to capture this picture. In what way do you think its male? I'm curious

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It doesn't look very bulky built either as far as I'm aware adult females are solid stocky spiders... How big is this T out of interest ? :)

Latest posts