• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Work avoidence

Tnoob

So, they can trap this forum with IE, but not with google chrome. So I can troll the forums, while I'm at work. Roast me in the comments.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:D You'll be just fine. Happy keeping. I suggest Brachys, Grammastola, and Lasiodora as first buys. You'll come right back around to them, in the need cycle this hobby inspires. Poeci fever is also a huge draw, when you get to old world hiders/teleporters. I resisted it. They don't compare to the above spp.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm picking up an H. Pulchripes, and a P. Murinus on Thursday. I've got some idea what I'm in for. M balfouri might be next.
Just be slow and as non invasive as possible with obts. They are a FANTASTIC sp. And tough as nails. And fast for a terrestrial. And obnoxious, flighty, defensive as a spider can be. Fantastic..

I dont know if terrestrial is correct..obligate burrower/ heavy webber..and terrestrial..

Tnoob

Just be slow and as non invasive as possible with obts. They are a FANTASTIC sp. And tough as nails. And fast for a terrestrial. And obnoxious, flighty, defensive as a spider can be. Fantastic..

I dont know if terrestrial is correct..obligate burrower/ heavy webber..and terrestrial..
So, basically what happened is that I have this total love with the H. Pulchripes sp. I went to a pet store and they just happened to have one as a sling. So I said wth I might as well. Because I have a bit of extra money at the end of the month. Then I was like, well, I have enough coco fiber for the whole family, and the bitey bitey is only 20 bucks. Cuz I have great logic and probably little common sense.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, basically what happened is that I have this total love with the H. Pulchripes sp. I went to a pet store and they just happened to have one as a sling. So I said wth I might as well. Because I have a bit of extra money at the end of the month. Then I was like, well, I have enough coco fiber for the whole family, and the bitey bitey is only 20 bucks. Cuz I have great logic and probably little common sense.
Obts are demonized. They're mostly just spastic. I love em. I may get a few again...I love seeing the tremors monsters burrowing through their webs to kill prey. Its great to watch..

Tnoob

I don't like this feeling of only seeing what has been recorded for entertainment purposes. Like I'm sure an obt isn't wound up 100% of the time. I don't think I'll be keeping it on the top shelf though. If you know what I mean.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No, they're content when they're burried in web curtains and dirt. They love their concealment. Some even come out when they have the whole enclosure covered in web. I've never owned one that wasnt a paranoid spaz though.

Last edited:

Latest posts