• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What was your first T?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thought I would bring this up as a new member of the forum I would love to know how the many members on here came to own so many Ts -as we all had to start somewhere! :)
my first T was a B.Hamorii-what was yours?:T:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
C versicolor.

Versicolor 2molt7.jpg
C versicolor molt 3.jpg
C Versicolor Charles stump 5.jpg
C Versicolor Charles looking handsome 3.jpg
C versicolor Charles on decor 3.jpg
C versicolor Charles wineglass dish 1.jpg

I put these in chronological order. The changes are simply amazing. Everyone should have one. Small slings like mine can be delicate. Even though I had no problems, some say to get them only if they're better then 1.5" DLS.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It has a much better camera then the S8+ does. That's why I specifically got that model. It's a dual lense camera with a really good flash. It actually can talk one pic with the rear camera combining both lenses.

Motorola also has a camera phone with one that attaches to the back but I don't know much about that one.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Mine was a massive Chaco! :D
I was so terrified of spiders then and was so scared to open the tub it was posted in, and there it was! All 5mm of it! :rolleyes::T:
First proper one was a juvenile hamorii too! That was much bigger and I thought what have I done! I’m too scared of spiders to have that in the house!
Now I’m 10 tarantulas in with another ten to come I’ve given up rational thinking.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is my favourite T out of the Brachys-i just love the curlys-these guys are enough to make anyone love Ts I'm sure ;-)
you have a fine example there @PanzoN88

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine was a massive Chaco! :D
I was so terrified of spiders then and was so scared to open the tub it was posted in, and there it was! All 5mm of it! :rolleyes::T:
First proper one was a juvenile hamorii too! That was much bigger and I thought what have I done! I’m too scared of spiders to have that in the house!
Now I’m 10 tarantulas in with another ten to come I’ve given up rational thinking.
Great I love it! ;) so many people terrified of spiders come to love them-
keep telling yourself you wont get more and you will!
feed the addiction lol :T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How difficult was it to have the OBT as your first one?

And escapes, or other adventures?

She was a perfect angel, I never had any threats from her, she'd run for cover if I disturbed her. The worst I had was a slating from that other forum for being so stupid as to buy an OBT.
My second was a Pokie :):rolleyes:.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
seems OTBs get a bad rep -they don't deserve that ;-( it seems to be an individual trait as to their nature-
I guess that's why @Enn49 loves this forum and not the others-far too judgemental!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
seems OTBs get a bad rep -they don't deserve that ;-( it seems to be an individual trait as to their nature-
I guess that's why @Enn49 loves this forum and not the others-far too judgemental!

It's one of the reasons I joined here.

I bought that 1st OBT as a juvenile so I'd never had to rehouse her so not long before she died I'd bought a Usambara sling too just so I could experience that. This one is just as shy, it's about 2" now and I also have a Tete that is more confident but still not aggressive.

Latest posts