• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What should I feed my T’s?

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
I always feed my T’s Dubai roaches because it is healthy and many people recommend it but I feel like my T’s are sick of it. They don’t eat the roach immediately which is dangerous because the roach might give off unwanted bacteria and viruses that might harm the spider. So I have been wanting to feed my T’s something else. My question is: which is better? Larvae or super worms. When you answer me, it would be crucial to keep in mind that I only have 20$.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've never heard about bacteria and viruses from roaches harming tarantulas...sounds a little silly.
I have dubias but find i get better feeding responses from b. lateralis "redrunners"

Superworms or earthworms are cheap and most terrestrial tarantulas love them. Superworms are easy to breed and keep. I purchased 50 Superworms over 20 years ago and Im still feeding my minions years later from the same purchase.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
+1 for B lateralis "red runner" roaches

I bought a starter colony 5 years ago and still feed them to my Ts. Almost can't stop them from breeding.

Latest posts