• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is your most prolific hair flicker?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have not had many Ts flick hair when disturbed and those that have don't do it often until I got my tiny Cyriocosmus leetzi, Paez. This one is a monster at less than 0.5", it will kick those hind legs at a fantastic rate every time I open it's vial.
It made me wonder what species you have that kick hairs on a regular basis?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I have not had many Ts flick hair when disturbed and those that have don't do it often until I got my tiny Cyriocosmus leetzi, Paez. This one is a monster at less than 0.5", it will kick those hind legs at a fantastic rate every time I open it's vial.

I'm now wondering if that's typical behaviour for the species as it's pretty high on my want list. The markings on them are so stunning, they look unreal.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm now wondering if that's typical behaviour for the species as it's pretty high on my want list. The markings on them are so stunning, they look unreal.

None of my other Cyriocosmus have been like that, in fact they're usually quite calm but it's my 1st leetzi so I couldn't say if it's a species thing or not.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Pamphobeteus machala is constantly flicking hairs as soon as I take its lid off the enclosure. Got some on my face once from opening it...they are no joke itchy as hell.
20181026_173155.jpg

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
we have a C Leetzi Af and shes pretty uneventful. rehoused her few days ago and no hair or bolt. very cute looking but I personally prefer the look of the Elegans

hard to say a species specifically as individuals are so different.. have a Hamorii that doesn't do anything but kicks hair when you put the lid back on. A few P Cancerides that enjoy a kick. bout it really

James1975

I have to say my brachypelma hamori always kicks hairs at me and my t vagens does..my nhandu chromatus on the other hand does not flick hairs,instead she likes to give me a threat pose instead.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
This small jerk, Brachypelma auratum, who has a damn molt cycle of over 70 days and flicks hairs every time I open the lid :D

0279f79eb5.png

Oh no, I hope mine doesn't get like that. It's being a darling at the moment. It was a nuisance when I first had it, trying to escape all the time, but it's nice and chilled for now.... It's smaller than yours so I'm expecting it to change as it grows

Latest posts