• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is Avicularia sp. "blue velvet" now?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can't find the name on the list. Is it just a color variant of Avicularia avicularia? I have done some research and from what I've gathered it is either from Guyana or Brazil? Any info would help! Thank you guys so much!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't find the name on the list. Is it just a color variant of Avicularia avicularia? I have done some research and from what I've gathered it is either from Guyana or Brazil? Any info would help! Thank you guys so much!
From my understanding its like you say a colour variation of Avic Avic I do believe they are from Guyana as Avic sp kwitara are found in the area and they come in several different colours ranging from greens to blue so I believe them to be this locality.. Hope that helps :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
From my understanding its like you say a colour variation of Avic Avic I do believe they are from Guyana as Avic sp kwitara are found in the area and they come in several different colours ranging from greens to blue so I believe them to be this locality.. Hope that helps :)

Thank you ma'am! That was my assumption. :)

Latest posts