• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Webbing

Eviecoco

This may be a silly question but around a week and a half ago I go a Tliltocatl Albopilosum (Nicaragua). She doesn’t seem to go on the substrate and climbs the glass instead but she is quite a good climber. I keep half of her viv Damp and the other dryer so she has choice but she doesn’t really walk on it and I don’t know why?

Secondly, the last few days I have noticed she’s been staying in her hollowed cork wood and has webbed up both sides quite a lot. I was wondering if this was because she is getting more settled or if it is in some way negative? I wondered if she was going to go into pre moult but I popped in a super worm and she got it quite quickly. And there are no other signs of this. Probably over worrying but wanted some advice from more experienced keepers.

Attachments

• 6E5EEF12-4D4A-44C8-A325-07448BBB973C.jpeg
    6E5EEF12-4D4A-44C8-A325-07448BBB973C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 0BEBFCF2-CBDB-46E6-85BE-6E20C9604D29.jpeg
    0BEBFCF2-CBDB-46E6-85BE-6E20C9604D29.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd let the substrate dry out, Tliltocatl come from arid areas and will be fine with just a water bowl. The frequent climbing is often because the sub is too wet for them.
It can take them a while to settle in to a new home but it's always a good sign that she's eating.

Eviecoco

I'd let the substrate dry out, Tliltocatl come from arid areas and will be fine with just a water bowl. The frequent climbing is often because the sub is too wet for them.
It can take them a while to settle in to a new home but it's always a good sign that she's eating.

Thank you. I had the substrate completely dry with just the water dish to start with but that’s when I noticed she wasn’t really walking on it so thought I would spray to see if that helped but I won’t spray it from now on though, thank you. ☺️

It’s really strange. Yeah she eats like a tank luckily. ☺️ Do you have any idea why she is webbing The inside of her cork so much? Each entrance is Now completely webbed and I haven’t seen her out today. She did seem to Web A lot of the floor last week but now she just stays in her cork.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Eviecoco She may be coming up to moult in which case she may stop eating, continue feeding her but if she doesn't eat after 4 hours remove the food.

Latest posts