• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water!!

Soulman

Just a thought,went to my local payzone.to top up my electric on my key,if any of you pay this way.Was told I couldn't put any more than Ten Pound on the key, I'm now storing water it May sound mad,I was advised to.And we are not all like Phil and can run down to the sea.everything has one mad.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I'll be furious if that's true!

I looked online and it doesn't say anything like that on the utility companies websites that I checked.

The only things mentioned about the crisis is that the government are forcing them to keep people's power/gas supply on if they haven't got money to top up because of loss of income due to Covid 19.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe trying your local post office to top up and asking there. They'll know what's going on better than small corner shops.

On the websites it says that if local convenience stores close due to Covid then the post office will be guaranteed to keep opening.

Soulman

I'll be furious if that's true!

I looked online and it doesn't say anything like that on the utility companies websites that I checked.

The only things mentioned about the crisis is that the government are forcing them to keep people's power/gas supply on if they haven't got money to top up because of loss of income due to Covid 19.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe trying your local post office to top up and asking there. They'll know what's going on better than small corner shops.

On the websites it says that if local convenience stores close due to Covid then the post office will be guaranteed to keep opening.
Problem is with cards and keys,your payzone or paypoint,post offices I think are all payzone.maybe a problem for sum.has been for me.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Pretty sure you can top up at the post office whether paypoint or payzone. I'll definitely ask when I next go there though.

All I could gather online is that they are trying to keep prepayment top ups accessible, in case shops shut due to reasons like staff sickness. And there is help if you have to self isolate and can't top up, but you have to contact them in those circumstances.