exactlyWhen I bought my first T's I gave them all straight up tap water for a couple months because I hadn't even thought about added chemicals (none suffered for it as far as I can tell). As said above, chlorine disappates fast, even quicker in heat (per Phil using cooled boiled water). When I started questioning it like you, I started using boiled water, then tap water which had been stood in a bottle for a day or so, now they just get cooled boiled water out my kettle because it's convenient.
I would say yes even though I am not 100% sure it is the act of boiling that does it. I know from vet advice that leaving it in a cup overnight will dechlorinate tap water. I would be more concerned with stuff like fluoride personally.So does boiling water remove the chlorine?