• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Versicolor just molted!!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As of now, she's totally free for about 15 minutes. True to form, the colors have changed... again!!

I will photograph her in about 12 - 24 hours from now when she's hardened up enough to walk around. I don't want to damage her new exoskeleton.

She's still expanding.

Interesting observation:

At about 1pm or so, I observed her taking a VERY long drink, after which she went back to her web. Perhaps this may be a clue that a molt is a short time away. It's the first time I caught her molting so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
C versicolor 11-7-17 molt 4.jpg
C versicolor 11-7-17 molt 1.jpg
C versicolor 11-7-17 molt 2.jpg
C versicolor molt 3.jpg

As promised, here's the pics. She wouldn't quite leave the web, but didn't dive in totally either.

Charlotte changes a bit again, seems to be going black ???

The colors change radically depending on where and how you hold the flashlight.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In order to keep up with Patricia (P Striata) who recently molted, Charlotte just molted yesterday. Pics to follow if I can trick her out of the web.

She's definitely bigger but the size increase isn't quite as much. Still I need to see her in the clear extended before I can get a good size.

Latest posts