• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT! Egg sac found broke open

ThePog

3 Year Member
So I had my female T. vagans with an egg sac and I was doing my check up and found a broken open egg sac with tons of small eggs laying about so I put her in a separate enclosure and took all the eggs I could find and put them in an incubator and I am a new year so here is what I have.
A028D5F4-67A6-461C-9F5F-74B1A0E87D4F.jpeg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
More then likely they are bad but won't hurt to try to see if any are fertile. You need to get the soil and bad eggs away from the good looking eggs. The eggs will need to be rotated about every three hours until they hatch to eggs with legs stage. They need to be kept at 82 degrees with 70% humidity.

ThePog

3 Year Member
Some of the eggs are eggs with legs so that’s good. after inspecting the broken sac there was an over abundance of bad eggs so I’m hoping and the thing that sucks is that I was gonna pull the sac on Tuesday.

MBullock

3 Year Member
sometimes they're just bad moms. i had two aphonos eat their fertile sacs, and i took every precaution to prevent it from happening, didnt even have a chance to pull and put in a mechanical mom, they both ate the sac the same day they made it.

Latest posts