• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too young?

HTay

3 Year Member
How old do they have to be?
I have a GBB sling that’s about 1/2” and a good under belly shot. I attached the photo just in case. I also suck at sexing.

Attachments

• A7F1F9EE-0875-4441-BF19-FAB651FEA739.jpeg
    A7F1F9EE-0875-4441-BF19-FAB651FEA739.jpeg
    903.6 KB · Views: 22

Grandsouls

Get better shot of the two front legs and front legs "first set". Maybe side view. If fully mature which it seems to be. It would have hooks on front legs and the would have pedipalps.. I just received a male and bred my female, the difference betweent he two are pretty obvious and can really see the pedipalps on the male and the hooks on the legs. And muuuch smaller booty :p

HTay

3 Year Member
Get better shot of the two front legs and front legs "first set". Maybe side view. If fully mature which it seems to be. It would have hooks on front legs and the would have pedipalps.. I just received a male and bred my female, the difference betweent he two are pretty obvious and can really see the pedipalps on the male and the hooks on the legs. And muuuch smaller booty :p
YAY BOOTY! Never seen the hooks, I handle her often enough to have noticed them. I’ve had her since October of 2014. Was curious because I know if she was a dude, I’d likely be losing her soon. I’m stoked she’ll get to stick around so much longer because she’s the sweetest nugget.

Grandsouls

YAY BOOTY! Never seen the hooks, I handle her often enough to have noticed them. I’ve had her since October of 2014. Was curious because I know if she was a dude, I’d likely be losing her soon. I’m stoked she’ll get to stick around so much longer because she’s the sweetest nugget.
Nice!
Yeah they live a long time! My female was fully mature when I got her 11 years ago, she has only molted twice since then. Very slow growing but long lasting :) Even males from whom iv spoke to say often can live 4 to even 10 years after reaching maturity (Granted usually 4-6) Still fairly decent length of time.