• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tliltoctl Albopilosus

Is this a good enclosure for a Curly hair sling? it has tiny air holes on the top but should I put some around the side for cross ventilation?

Attachments

• 20201210_143147.jpg
    20201210_143147.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201210_143426.jpg
    20201210_143426.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I would ask @Casey K.
This might be a bit big depending on the size of your sling. Sometimes for the smaller slings a medicine tube might work out well until a few more molts and a bigger sling/ small juvenile. Get a small plastic bottle cap to use as water dish. From small slings to adult I personally use at least 5 different size enclosures.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
it looks good.I will take out the wood bits.They most likely will get mould on them and also have sharp splintery bits that can injure your tarantula. Keep it simple with your slings as far as decor is concerned. Adding a row of holes on side is good idea not too many tho.
What size is the pot?
Regards Konstantin

I would ask @Casey K.
This might be a bit big depending on the size of your sling. Sometimes for the smaller slings a medicine tube might work out well until a few more molts and a bigger sling/ small juvenile. Get a small plastic bottle cap to use as water dish. From small slings to adult I personally use at least 5 different size enclosures.
I was offered a slightly larger sling I can ask him about how big. This is a small superworm cup. I have a smaller one too about half the size. But if the medicine tube is better I can redo it with that. I have to ask how much bigger it is though.

Hi
it looks good.I will take out the wood bits.They most likely will get mould on them and also have sharp splintery bits that can injure your tarantula. Keep it simple with your slings as far as decor is concerned. Adding a row of holes on side is good idea not too many tho.
What size is the pot?
Regards Konstantin
I will take out the wood for sure! I wouldn't want my "baby" to get a nasty splinter or mold eww. Thanks for the tips!
The few pieces of moss is ok? If I understand correctly as babies they are more prone to dry out faster than when they get bigger.

I would ask @Casey K.
Yes I will use a water bottle lid for water I have plenty lol

I will take out the wood for sure! I wouldn't want my "baby" to get a nasty splinter or mold eww. Thanks for the tips!
The few pieces of moss is ok? If I understand correctly as babies they are more prone to dry out faster than when they get bigger.
It is a superworm deli cup. I also have one smaller than this and medicine tubes.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Yes moss is fine.You are correct about slings lacking the waxy coating and losing moisture faster than their older relatives and thats why they are kept on moist substrate to prevent dehydration.
Below are few pics of how I housed mine depending on their size. All enclosures have cross ventilation
1oz pot 3cm diameter- sling is around 1cm DLS
20200617_095334.jpg

4oz pot -sling 2cm
20200827_190549.jpg

8oz pot -sling is just over 3 cm
20201112_201039.jpg

1oz - 4oz comparison
20200918_095138.jpg

4oz -8 oz comparison
20201112_200758.jpg

Waterdishes are tatoo ink pots .
Regards Konstantin