• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Timid desert hairy

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
tenor (4).gif

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My desert hairy needs a pep talk, or a self help book. I very carefully take off the lid, and if that alone doesn't send him running for his burrow, the roach that I drop in terrifies him. What a fierce predator lol
Alot of my scorpions do this. I drop in prey they run and hide. Then out of nowhere they come out all aggressive like.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Finally gave up and drove an hour and a half to Petco for crickets that'll pry be dead in 2 days. But.. he did eat one. Dude is picky, won't take roaches or super worms.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
An update on Cecil, he has successfully emerged from his hibernation. I've had him for just over a year now and I've learned alot from him and my ts. After my initial feeding problems, I've had decent success with a. Not worrying so much. And b. Being more patient when feeding.

My ts are much better hunters than Cecil is. They will find their food when I drop it in. Cecil is.. a bit of an idiot. I have to catch him on a night that he's out of his burrow and drop the food right in front of him, repeatedly, until he realizes it's there. Then hell grab it and chow down.

Hoping for a molt sometime. He's yet to molt with me. Hes about 4 inches long so I believe he has a little bit to go.

Latest posts