• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thistle mantis bad moult

iHappyfi

3 Year Member
I recently purchased a Blepharopsis mendica female for the western invertebrate show. Soon after getting her home she moulted and her wings look very deformed. Will this be significantly detrimental to her health? She hasn't eaten since the moult so should I expect a loss in my collection ;(

Attachments

• Snapchat-306185643.jpg
    Snapchat-306185643.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Thistles

3 Year Member
How long ago did she molt? She still looks soft. It can take them a little bit to harden up, just like tarantulas. If all that was affected are her wings, she'll be okay. Be sure to provide a tall perch for future mantises to hang from. It should be at least twice as tall as the mantis is long. They molt hanging upside-down.

That's my favorite mantis species, for what it's worth. Good luck with her. I got out of mantises because of the short lifespans, but they're the coolest critters around.

Latest posts