• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This tarantula looks just like the one I already have!!!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ever so often I run into this in the hobby. A customer makes a purchase and receives their animal as guaranteed. The customer is not satisfied stating that "its not what I expected" after receiving several pics and reassurance. The reason the customer wants a refund is because it looks like the "P. highland" they already had (when they purchased a P. bara). So, since the bara looks like the highland it MUST be a highland and they automatically want a refund and want to double ship a spider over an assumption. :rolleyes: Get the f* outta here!!! You've got to be f*cking kidding me!! This vagans looks exactly like my sabulosum so it MUST be a sabulosum!!!! This T. gigas looks just like my T. elenae so it MUST be an elenae!!! Hell no, you cannot have a refund!!! You get what you pay for and the animal is EXACTLY as stated and arrived alive and well. I have no customer service??? Lmmfao!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I will let my customers get in on this one while i pull up a chair and eat some popcorn.... what pissed me off the most is not the fact (after wasting my time and stressing my tarantula out from all the wanted pics) that they wanted a refund or that they were POSITIVE it was the wrong species sent BUT that they were willing to double ship back to me;:( stressing the poor spider out even more than it already had been prior to my shipping it due to all the hassle of picture taking and tearing up its web to get pictures....I apologize but I have zero tolerance for window shoppers that can't make up their mind until the poor spider is already in their hands. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Noobs piss us all off sometimes. I can only imagine how angry I would get over that kind of bull****. The truth is, people just dont do their research. The internet is full of information, yet many don't take advantage of it. It's starting to wear on me, tbh, no matter how hard I try to help new hobbyists there's an idiot factor that defeats me. I'm not a patient man, and I always looked at it as a test. Now I'm feeling like giving up, failing the test. I know you must be more patient than I ever could be, Casey..but eventually it will wear you down. I recommend vodka, maybe some good sex, and a big ol joint..of really good hydro. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to human nature...

Many people get into my business, animal training, because they don't like people and would rather deal with animals. They are all disappointed to learn that the "business" part, you know the part that allows you to pay for food and a place to live, requires dealing with, blechhhh, humans...

Over on the tortoise forum, I and several others have been dealing with this kind of thing for years. With much help and input from many sources, we've figured out what was wrong with captive tortoise husbandry for the last few decades. The "establishment" doesn't like being told they've been wrong for several decades, and it is shocking how many new people read the old stuff, and then defend it as if it is there own info and we are personally insulting their life's work. I'll get 20-30 people thanking me up and down for saving their tortoise and doing the work I do, and then there's that one who thinks I'm a great big jerk for sharing hard earned life saving info with them and trying to literally save their beloved tortoise's life. At first it was upsetting, but I've seen it so many times over so many years now, that I laugh and make fun of them now. One guy recently told me to "chill out, Cap'n Knowledge...", so I put his moniker for me in my signature line.

@Casey K. as a customer of yours, I can attest that your service is second to none, your animals are EXACTLY what you say they are, both species and size, and the health and quality of the spiders you sell is obvious and undeniable. Idiots will continue to be idiots until the end of the human species. I have no solution for that. This is why so many people simply refuse to do retail with the public. One of the guys I bought one of my tortoise species from will only sell in large wholesale lots and only to people he personally knows. He takes a huge monetary loss for the peace of mind of not having to deal with exactly the kind of thing you outlined in your OP.

Its a special breed of human who has the patience and diplomatic skills to deal with the idiots of the world and not self destruct with drugs or alcohol, and also not go on a killing rampage.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to human nature...

Many people get into my business, animal training, because they don't like people and would rather deal with animals. They are all disappointed to learn that the "business" part, you know the part that allows you to pay for food and a place to live, requires dealing with, blechhhh, humans...

Over on the tortoise forum, I and several others have been dealing with this kind of thing for years. With much help and input from many sources, we've figured out what was wrong with captive tortoise husbandry for the last few decades. The "establishment" doesn't like being told they've been wrong for several decades, and it is shocking how many new people read the old stuff, and then defend it as if it is there own info and we are personally insulting their life's work. I'll get 20-30 people thanking me up and down for saving their tortoise and doing the work I do, and then there's that one who thinks I'm a great big jerk for sharing hard earned life saving info with them and trying to literally save their beloved tortoise's life. At first it was upsetting, but I've seen it so many times over so many years now, that I laugh and make fun of them now. One guy recently told me to "chill out, Cap'n Knowledge...", so I put his moniker for me in my signature line.

@Casey K. as a customer of yours, I can attest that your service is second to none, your animals are EXACTLY what you say they are, both species and size, and the health and quality of the spiders you sell is obvious and undeniable. Idiots will continue to be idiots until the end of the human species. I have no solution for that. This is why so many people simply refuse to do retail with the public. One of the guys I bought one of my tortoise species from will only sell in large wholesale lots and only to people he personally knows. He takes a huge monetary loss for the peace of mind of not having to deal with exactly the kind of thing you outlined in your OP.

Its a special breed of human who has the patience and diplomatic skills to deal with the idiots of the world and not self destruct with drugs or alcohol, and also not go on a killing rampage.

And THAT, ladies and gentleman WELL DESERVES A STANDING OVATION! BRAVO! Thank you very much, Tom......I appreciate you very much as I do all my customers. I have dealt with some that also fail to realize that keeping tarantulas is not just a hobby for me but exactly as you stated (a way to make a living). I do have patience (even with the most defiant people- my horns are just a little bigger ;))...

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think i need to copy and paste that to my review section, lol..... :D (but i won't)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
And that's why I dont sell online....
jack-nicholson-smile.gif

Latest posts