• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

These are the temps I’ve been trying to keep for my tarantula

Joemaster

image.jpg
The right one is humidity in the left one is temperature

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Depending on the species, the majority of tarantulas are comfortable at normal room temperature. Remember tarantulas are more active at night when temperatures are cool. Hunting in the high 50s and 60s in the desert. Unless your breeding or incubating 65-70 is perfect. Humidity isn't necessary....just a water dish usually does the trick.

Joemaster

Depending on the species, the majority of tarantulas are comfortable at normal room temperature. Remember tarantulas are more active at night when temperatures are cool. Hunting in the high 50s and 60s in the desert. Unless your breeding or incubating 65-70 is perfect. Humidity isn't necessary....just a water dish usually does the trick.
It a Mexican red knee

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't worry about attaining specific numbers. Supplemental heating such as heating pads are UNNECESSARY, room temperature will suffice. Forget about humidity as already stated above, it is just unnecessary stress. Raising a tarantula is way easier to raise than many think. The don't have as many requirements as a snake or even a dog for that matter.

Joemaster

Don't worry about attaining specific numbers. Supplemental heating such as heating pads are UNNECESSARY, room temperature will suffice. Forget about humidity as already stated above, it is just unnecessary stress. Raising a tarantula is way easier to raise than many think. The don't have as many requirements as a snake or even a dog for that matter.
The temp my house gets to is like 69 to 72 at night and 74 to 77 in day. Are those good temps?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The temp my house gets to is like 69 to 72 at night and 74 to 77 in day. Are those good temps?
Those temperatures are perfectly fine. The room my tarantulas are in currently is around the same temperatures. No supplemental heating or anything like that.

Stan Schultz

3 Year Member
View attachment 49707 The right one is humidity in the left one is temperature
For some unfathomable reason this thread just magically appeared in my e-mail inbox today...only about two months late. But I thought it interesting and important enough to respond for the sake of others with the same apparent misconceptions, searching for more information and help.

Unless you're keeping some of the very few tarantulas that are sensitive to a low humidity, its consideration is only important to pet shops that are trying to extract every last penny that they can from your wallet by selling you junk you don't need, like a thermometer or humidity gauge. See Relative Humidity and Misty-Eyed Misting for probably much more information than you ever thought you'd need.

And, when keeping tarantulas, temperature is almost irrelevant. See Temperature for an extended discussion of that topic.

In fact, I would strongly recommend that you visit the Spiders, Calgary webpage and start scanning the links for topics of interest to you. Trust Uncle Stan, in the long run it'll save you a lot of money and a lot of dead tarantulas!

Stan Schultz

Latest posts