• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Life History of Euscorpius Flavicaudis.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If anyone has not used it before. JSTOR is a legitimate online library that contains a lot of academic papers & was originally set up in the 90's as a library of academic papers. So registering to read papers is not a risk. It is a legitimate & well worth joining site.

Looking around I found the following 6 page paper. The Life History of Euscorpius Flavicaudis.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3705658?read-now=1&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

You can only read the above aper not copy it or download it. But it is well worth reading if you have an interest in the UK resident scorpion.

The last few paragraphs make for interesting reading. Some of the scorpions mature at 6th instar, some at 7 & the success of mating increses if they wait until 7th. But that probably means a missed breeding season.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Some other papers seen include.
  • Predatory interactions between Centruroides scorpions and the tarantula Brachypelma vagans.
  • Old World vs. New World: a preliminary comparison of the developmental toxicity of venom from two tarantula species, Grammostola rosea and Haplopelma.
  • Eye Disease Associated with Handling Pet Tarantulas: Three Case Reports.
  • Movement of the Male Brown Tarantula, Aphonopelma hentzi (Araneae, Theraphosidae), Using Radio Telemetry.
  • Snakes Eaten by the Tarantula, Eurypelma Californica. (Aphonopelma californicum.)

E

ExMember

Thanks for sharing! I have been looking for a site specifically dealing with academic studies on tarantulas (and animals in general). I was informed of the world spider catalogue a while back. But that is mostly taxonomy. I was looking for some behavioral study papers too!

How much does this site cost to join? And thanks so much! :beer: :beer::beer::):):)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for sharing! I have been looking for a site specifically dealing with academic studies on tarantulas (and animals in general). I was informed of the world spider catalogue a while back. But that is mostly taxonomy. I was looking for some behavioural study papers too!
How much does this site cost to join? And thanks so much! :beer: :beer::beer::):):)

The site is free & simple to register with. But the site is much more than just academic papers now. I first came across JSTOR when some material about mentalism popped up as being available there. I have also found some really interesting information on magic squares & even triangles & hexagons there.

Soulman

If anyone has not used it before. JSTOR is a legitimate online library that contains a lot of academic papers & was originally set up in the 90's as a library of academic papers. So registering to read papers is not a risk. It is a legitimate & well worth joining site.

Looking around I found the following 6 page paper. The Life History of Euscorpius Flavicaudis.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3705658?read-now=1&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

You can only read the above aper not copy it or download it. But it is well worth reading if you have an interest in the UK resident scorpion.

The last few paragraphs make for interesting reading. Some of the scorpions mature at 6th instar, some at 7 & the success of mating increses if they wait until 7th. But that probably means a missed breeding season.
it gets to the point,had a pet scorpion!thanks