• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Magazine - Monocentropus balfouri issue

patricia

3 Year Member
Hello spiderlings! I am currently working on creating the second issue of my tarantula eZine, which will focus on the Monocentropus balfouri (you can see the first issue here: https://issuu.com/thespinnerette/docs/tarantula_magazine?e=36683027/67386117). If you are interested in submitting any photos for this project please let me know! I can accept submissions of the Monocentropus balfouri as well as other tarantulas and spiders (for the "community" section). I'm also interested in showcasing interesting enclosures. All photos are credited. This magazine will release toward the end of March.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Did I send you any M balfouri pics already? Sadly enough, mine passed away from fecal impaction. I suspect yellow mold in the enclosure but can't prove it. The species is, however, generally regarded as hardy.

They are a great first OW tarantula. Mine moved very quickly and would dive for cover in the blink of an eye.

She's wasn't in any way a mean spider.

M balfouri 1-21-18 4.jpg

patricia

3 Year Member
Did I send you any M balfouri pics already? Sadly enough, mine passed away from fecal impaction. I suspect yellow mold in the enclosure but can't prove it. The species is, however, generally regarded as hardy.

They are a great first OW tarantula. Mine moved very quickly and would dive for cover in the blink of an eye.

She's wasn't in any way a mean spider.

View attachment 35348

Thank you so much for that @Whitelightning777 ! I hadn't seen your M balfouri pics before. She is beautiful and I'm sorry for your loss :(