• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula in hide, Need to move cities

uglybatboy

Hey guys, so my Juvenile T (T. Albopilosus) went into her hide on the 14th Dec 2020, I assume to molt etc. the problem is I am planning on moving to a whole new city before the 16th of Jan , and I am taking a bus, the bus ride will be 24 Hours- I am hoping she comes out of her hide before then but if not, what would you suggest I do to make the trip the most comfortable for her or to basically try prevent fatalities. I feel so conflicted about the whole situation, and if I could travel after she was done I would but I cant as I'm starting classes on the 16th. If anyone has any advice it would be mad appreciated.

attached a photo of her enclosure

Attachments

• image0 (9).jpeg
    image0 (9).jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

uglybatboy

Well, if you must travel, is it possible for you to take the whole enclosure on the bus with you? Riding on your lap should be fine
I can take the whole enclosure and i will have a seat next to me so i could leave her in a aired bag on the seat next to me? wont be able to have her out in the open as many people in my country have a bad stigma against exotic pets due to their culture etc

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can take the whole enclosure and i will have a seat next to me so i could leave her in a aired bag on the seat next to me? wont be able to have her out in the open as many people in my country have a bad stigma against exotic pets due to their culture etc

Just make sure to secure the lid so she doesn't go walkabouts.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Yea, I'd just leave her in the enclosure. Maybe disguise it with some loosely woven fabric if you're concerned with people's reactions. I hope the move goes smoothly for you

Latest posts