• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Artwork (by species)

Does illustrated tarantula artwork appeal to you?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ajbeardow

Hi guys,

My better half is an illustrator, and I just wanted to test the waters on something on her behalf.

I know a lot of T keepers are keen on their species imagery and artwork. She's thinking (with my encouragement) of creating illustrations of single tarantulas across a wide-range of species. It would be quite time consuming, so she'd create popular ones first and work down the list, so to speak.

She'd offer digital downloads or prints, and discounts on multiple items.

Do you guys think there is a market for this? Is it something you'd be interested in yourself? I'm not trying to sell anything, just want to hear people's opinions.

Watermarked sample below:
Agen.png

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys,

My better half is an illustrator, and I just wanted to test the waters on something on her behalf.

I know a lot of T keepers are keen on their species imagery and artwork. She's thinking (with my encouragement) of creating illustrations of single tarantulas across a wide-range of species. It would be quite time consuming, so she'd create popular ones first and work down the list, so to speak.

She'd offer digital downloads or prints, and discounts on multiple items.

Do you guys think there is a market for this? Is it something you'd be interested in yourself? I'm not trying to sell anything, just want to hear people's opinions.

Watermarked sample below:
View attachment 46183
I think it's a great idea :) I think to most T keepers this would appeal... Personally I really like very detailed pictures of Ts in a 'natural' looking setting as possible but that's just me.. I can appreciate a talent and a nice piece of artwork :)

Ajbeardow

I think it's a great idea :) I think to most T keepers this would appeal... Personally I really like very detailed pictures of Ts in a 'natural' looking setting as possible but that's just me.. I can appreciate a talent and a nice piece of artwork :)
Thanks! I want to encourage her to go ahead, if only so I can fill the office with the illustrations myself.

This seller on Etsy does some nice ones which I spotted before https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GrayGhostCreations?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=658698822

BrokenRay

3 Year Member
I like T-Shirts with T's on them that I can wear as house lounging shirts. I bought one off of Amazon with a giant Caribena versicolor on it which I love.

Latest posts