• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T keeps disappearing

Gizalba

3 Year Member
She either owns an invisibility cloak or is time travelling :p It is a bit disconcerting as I worry what if they have escaped, but I try to reassure myself that the lid is on secure and that if there was an escape it would be off ;)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She either owns an invisibility cloak or is time travelling :p It is a bit disconcerting as I worry what if they have escaped, but I try to reassure myself that the lid is on secure and that if there was an escape it would be off ;)

You should try some really small slings, I currently have a couple of Cyriocosmus elegans slings, these are so small, that unless they move they look exactly like a grain of substrate. These are small, possibly about 3-4 mm at the most.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
You should try some really small slings, I currently have a couple of Cyriocosmus elegans slings, these are so small, that unless they move they look exactly like a grain of substrate. These are small, possibly about 3-4 mm at the most.

I do have a Cyriocosmus elegans sling, not quite as small as that but she was about 5mm when she arrived. I have learned to accept the anxiety of sling enclosures looking empty :p I meant more when a larger tarantula keeps disappearing - that is extra disconcerting lol.

Latest posts