• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Switching Tanks???

JeniHaas

3 Year Member
I just got a Carsbad Green 15 yr old female, very friendly and docile. I got her about 1-2 weeks earlier and she hasn been living in a generic petstore 4"x4"x8" plasitic carrying cage. Today, I decided to move her into a larger tank (nearly 4 times the size as the container shes been in).

I got brand new dirt(which i pu a lil of her old dirt in to try and make it homey), a great climbing stick, if she feels like it, a small barrel for her to hide in when she wants privacy, a study water dish, and some nice rocks to climb on.

The minute i put her in her new tank, she kept trying to climb the glass to the top and escape! I put a thin, dark cloth over the tank so she could settle down, but I'll check on her again soon.

Any thoughts advice comments criticisms ANYTHING?

She'll eventually call that tank her "home," right????

Msg me back soon!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very normal behavior. she'll be climbing fro a couple days, until she settles in. Keep the strate high, and get rid of the "climbing stick" Aphnos shouldn't climb

JeniHaas

3 Year Member
the stick as one sort of twist to it that creates a 3" gap btw the stick and the substrate, Ive been mulling that over... maybe just find soe beach wood to replace it?? What do u think?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the stick as one sort of twist to it that creates a 3" gap btw the stick and the substrate, Ive been mulling that over... maybe just find soe beach wood to replace it?? What do u think?

Personally, I'm a big advocate of cork bark. or a fake plant to provide some cover. 3" however shouldn't be an issue.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you post a photo of your enclosure so we can see what you're talking about a bit better?

Latest posts