• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Suntiger

blade49

My new t just got today from local exzotic pets store suntiger beaughtyfull

Attachments

• 20200327_182948.jpg
    20200327_182948.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Beautiful T you got there.
In future I would like to have one of them but still not confident to get one as they are quite fast.
Looking at the pic you know that they are arboreal species and live above the ground?
Regards Konstantin

blade49

Hi
Beautiful T you got there.
In future I would like to have one of them but still not confident to get one as they are quite fast.
Looking at the pic you know that they are arboreal species and live above the ground?
Regards Konstantin
They are not as bad as people say as long as you got then in a good setup where they can run and hide and just be very careful when feeding and watering

Konstantin

3 Year Member
They are not as bad as people say as long as you got then in a good setup where they can run and hide and just be very careful when feeding and watering
Hi
Thanks for your comments.
While they have striking colours they have a reputation for being very secretive and light sensitive.Will be interesting to hear your observations on that.I am thinking about Caribena Versicolour as my first arboreal tbh but this species is just gorgeous

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi
While they have striking colours they have a reputation for being very secretive and light sensitive.Will be interesting to hear your observations on that.I am thinking about Caribena Versicolour as my first arboreal tbh but this species is just gorgeous
The reputation possibly comes from smaller enclosures. As slings they are amazing eaters and very cute. when they start to put on size as long as they have a space to web and hide they will utilise the open space and be on show. I can only imagine the light sensitivity being on an enclosure with a dedicated light fitting? With the light on ours are still out and visible. will bolt into their hides thou if the enclosure is disturbed 9/10 times

New2T’s

3 Year Member
Hi
Versicolor was my first Arboreal. I absolutely love them. I jus got a second one. I also got couple Irminia slings at the end of last year. They are skittish. They are quick to run into their hide/dirt curtain when enclosure is touched/moved. They grow very fast as well. Fantastic eaters!! Both of mine have turned out to be male. I’ve already moved them into their permanent enclosures. This way I don’t have to keep rehousing them and risk chance of having an escapee.

Latest posts