• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate for balfouri

rapidfire

Hey guys I rehomed my balfouri and used Biodude substrate and now shes staying on the walls of the enclosure. The substrate is dry and fresh. Should I change it to coco fiber? Thanks!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Did you compact it down firm-ish?

I would not rehouse for coco foir (over bio dude) although balfouri do prefer drier sub...

I only use bio dude for bioactive. Everything else gets 1:1 coco foir and peat moss.

rapidfire

Did you compact it down firm-ish?

I would not rehouse for coco foir (over bio dude) although balfouri do prefer drier sub...

I only use bio dude for bioactive. Everything else gets 1:1 coco foir and peat moss.
Yeah man its nice and firm. Ive been using the biodude for all my enclosure (bioactive and non bioactive) and havent had any issues. Compacts nice and holds tunnels. Not sure why my Balfouri wont touch it.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah man its nice and firm. Ive been using the biodude for all my enclosure (bioactive and non bioactive) and havent had any issues. Compacts nice and holds tunnels. Not sure why my Balfouri wont touch it.
Cool. Then leave it be. Probably just selling in.

Latest posts