• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Springtails ?

Keymond69

I have a collection of 14 taranchulas all different sorts, I have ordered some spring tails from the spidershop.
1. Can I use the in any enclosure.
2. Can I use them with slings.
3.what’s the best way to keep them alive in a enclosure.
4.what’s the best set up to breed them.
5.what do they eat.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
1.You can use them in any enclosure with some moist substrate.
2.Yes you can.
3.All they require is some moisture in substrate
4.I use 8 oz deli cup with moist soil with some leaf litter and feed them pinch of porridge oats as needed(when they eat it put some more).No ventilation on the tub and dont overdo the moisture.I open the tub lid a little when I remember every few days for oxygen exchange
5.They scavenge on rotting matter and other waste in the enclosure so no need to feed them in the spider setups.Fish food is another good option but I have oats fir my feeders and thats on hand for me.
My population is booming
Regards Konstantin

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi
1.You can use them in any enclosure with some moist substrate.
2.Yes you can.
3.All they require is some moisture in substrate
4.I use 8 oz deli cup with moist soil with some leaf litter and feed them pinch of porridge oats as needed(when they eat it put some more).No ventilation on the tub and dont overdo the moisture.I open the tub lid a little when I remember every few days for oxygen exchange
5.They scavenge on rotting matter and other waste in the enclosure so no need to feed them in the spider setups.Fish food is another good option but I have oats fir my feeders and thats on hand for me.
My population is booming
Regards Konstantin
Great advice, thanks.