• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spider in distress?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
20200205_050522.jpg

She's gorgeous, it's cold and rainy and her web got destroyed. Should I take her in as a boarder for a month or so, then let her loose on my patio?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting thing..she plays dead when she's scared. If I let her sit awhile she starts looking around and exploring, but if I move her container she plays dead again..:D

E

ExMember

I did something similar in October when it started getting cold here. Ended up releasing her in case she was gravid. Didn't need a spider infestation in my house (other than my pets lol).

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I did something similar in October when it started getting cold here. Ended up releasing her in case she was gravid. Didn't need a spider infestation in my house (other than my pets lol).
It's not cold enough here to kill her, but its harsh enough for the next few days to make her uncomfortable. I put her in my open ended carport and let her go. After years of loving and keeping inverts, for some reason I cant explain, I cannot for the life of me keep a wild caught invertebrate captive. I have some kind of block in my head, or I'm a blockhead...tarantulas, scorpions, trapdoor spiders..they act differently than cb inverts. I can't explain it, and I dont know why I keep trying. They make me feel guilty..but when I see them struggling, I keep trying..I'm a ****ing idiot

Latest posts