• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Space for 2 more

Mundo exotico

Hello all.
I will get soon 2 Ts.
One will be Psalmopoeus Cambridgei.
The other Im considering semi arboreal or arboreal. Im thinking about GBB. What do you think? I would like a more display T. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello all.
I will get soon 2 Ts.
One will be Psalmopoeus Cambridgei.
The other Im considering semi arboreal or arboreal. Im thinking about GBB. What do you think? I would like a more display T. Any suggestions?

Thanks
GBB and Caribbean. versicolor or Avicularia. purpurea should work fine for what you would like. P. metallica would do as well.
Keep us updated, cheers.

Mundo exotico

I will have to rehouse soon my m. Balfouri. What do you think needs bigger enclosure m. balfouri or Gbb? Im asking because I have 2 Terrariuns and one is longer than the other

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Where there is space for 2 there is space for 3 :D
Take the word of a father and son that were told by the boss (the wife) we would be able to only have 4 Ts in the house and found a loophole.....
After a lot of work reorganizing the garage (separated from the house by a small backyard) and setting it up to be a climate controlled space, we have now 90 Ts and another dozen critters :'D

Last edited:

Mundo exotico

Where there is space for 2 there is space for 3 :D
Take the word of a father and son that were told by the boss (the wife) we would be able to have 4 Ts in the house and found a loophole.....
After a lot of work reorganizing the garage (separated from the house by a small backyard) and setting it up to be a climate controlled, we have now 90 Ts and another dozen critters :'D
:) :) For now it is not possible more unfortunatly but I will continue to grow my collection. I love this hobby. I travel a lot so It is not only up to me for now

Volkswachter

GBB and Caribbean. versicolor or Avicularia. purpurea should work fine for what you would like. P. metallica would do as well.
Keep us updated, cheers.
I've never known a P. metallica to be on display. Mine are constantly hiding and if they're not hiding, will bolt to their hiding spot at the first sign of movement in the room. That's been my experience with that species

Volkswachter

I saw that someone mentioned P. gigas. I have 5 of them, all sub-juvenile and so far they are moderately decent eaters; and 2 of the 5 are almost always on display, one has decided to burrow under the moss and cork bark to build his house, one has decided to make a tunnel all the way around the enclosure, but yeah, when these guys are on show, they're very charming and very beautiful.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've never known a P. metallica to be on display. Mine are constantly hiding and if they're not hiding, will bolt to their hiding spot at the first sign of movement in the room. That's been my experience with that species
I think although there are a lot of common traits within a species, individuals often have their own specificities. I only had 2 metallica but both have never been shy (until they sense movements). Mine seem to work the opposite way as yours, they are constantly out but will bolt to their hides the second you’ll touch the enclosure.

Mundo exotico

I think although there are a lot of common traits within a species, individuals often have their own specificities. I only had 2 metallica but both have never been shy (until they sense movements). Mine seem to work the opposite way as yours, they are constantly out but will bolt to their hides the second you’ll touch the enclosure.
I got my first pokie a month ago. Its p regalis juvie and its always out of hide. I though it would be the opposite. P Metalica will come to my house one day:)