• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some enclosures I've made

trailblazin02

3 Year Member

Along with various deli cups and condiment cups and AMAC cubes from Hobby Lobby that I don't have pictures of right now

Spidro

3 Year Member
Nice arboreal set up. How was it drilling the holes in the plexi? I'm afraid of breaking it.
Agreed, very nice aborreal setups. Enjoy seeing others do-it urself enclosures as i do the same. As far as drilling in plexi, i did 142 holes in the last enclosure i made just used a carbide-tip wood bit, didnt have any problems. Although yes, itd be much nicer to have the "proper" bit lol.

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
Agreed, very nice aborreal setups. Enjoy seeing others do-it urself enclosures as i do the same. As far as drilling in plexi, i did 142 holes in the last enclosure i made just used a carbide-tip wood bit, didnt have any problems. Although yes, itd be much nicer to have the "proper" bit lol.

They do make special plastic bits that are way over priced but do work great. I've used regular drill Bits in a press with no problems in plexi or even the amac boxes.
Half the fun is making the enclosure I think. Try and make each one unique

Spidro

3 Year Member
Definetly, i love the plastic hindge doors, what do u use to adhear them? Ive also had trouble finding any around did u order those ones? First one is very cool, whole setup looks quite unique.

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I had to order the hinges. I got them from tap plastics online and use there acrylic cement. It makes a super strong permanent bond. I don't remember which one it was off hand. They have diff formulas. Some are thick and others thin depending on the application

Definetly, i love the plastic hindge doors, what do u use to adhear them? Ive also had trouble finding any around did u order those ones? First one is very cool, whole setup looks quite unique.

Latest posts