• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size Problems

LMalernee

I should start with the fact that I'm not an experienced tarantula owner. I got an Acanthoscurria geniculata sling about a year ago and she's still very small, even compared to other A. geniculatas that are younger than she is. Should I be concerned? I tried to add a pic with a size comparison with my hand, but it wouldn't let me add it. I'd say her leg span but I'm not sure how the measurements work.

20211019_222843.jpg

x_raphael_xx

I wouldn't worry about size/growth rate differences. They all grow at their own pace, even the same species.

To measure by leg span, its the measurement from one leg diagonally across to the other side, eg front left to back right.
It's always an estimation as sometimes they bunch up, sometimes they stretch out :)

Vladerscump

I should start with the fact that I'm not an experienced tarantula owner. I got an Acanthoscurria geniculata sling about a year ago and she's still very small, even compared to other A. geniculatas that are younger than she is. Should I be concerned? I tried to add a pic with a size comparison with my hand, but it wouldn't let me add it. I'd say her leg span but I'm not sure how the measurements work.

View attachment 60371
They grow kinda slow. No big deal. Sometimes tarantulas slings of the same species with grow at different rates. Some of mine seem to grow faster when kept warmer and fed twice a week.