• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Silly thing to be proud of, but, I just hatched my own crickets

Jenniferinfl

They took 14 days to hatch, but, that was because I was just keeping the container out in my sunroom and it got cooler at night which lengthened the time it took to hatch out. I'm trying to decide between just sticking a UTH on a 20 gallon long and using that as a cricket incubator or committing to full crazy and turning my old, broken garage fridge into an incubator.

IMG_6568 (2).JPG

x_raphael_xx

Awesome! I’m currently trying to get my dubias to breed to use for feeders.
My other pet roaches (hissers and flat horned hissers) have bred without any trying from me, but my feeders have yet to produce. Typical!

Jenniferinfl

Awesome! I’m currently trying to get my dubias to breed to use for feeders.
My other pet roaches (hissers and flat horned hissers) have bred without any trying from me, but my feeders have yet to produce. Typical!
Yeah, I'm in Florida so I have discoids, that have so far all molted out male.. lol
I have a colony of surinams going, but, I don't think they'll be super convenient for tarantulas. I'm figuring I'll mostly be using them for my toads.

x_raphael_xx

Yeah, I'm in Florida so I have discoids, that have so far all molted out male.. lol
I have a colony of surinams going, but, I don't think they'll be super convenient for tarantulas. I'm figuring I'll mostly be using them for my toads.
I have an okay ratio (2 male, 5 or 6 females) I'm just waiting for it all to take off!
I have a very hungry beardie who will eat most of the dubias, so I need a big stock.

If I get overrun with hissers & flat horns I just start thinning the herd. :D

Latest posts