• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I be worried?

babyjacks

So today I got a dwarf c. Sellatus and he/she climbed on the enclosure top (which is not secured at all) and I was wondering if I should get an enclosure with a lock/latch? I’m just scared it’ll come out when I’m not home. It’s about the size of a thumb btw. (Also I’m not sure if it’s a c. Sellatus so if you know for sure please let me know!)
CAA74733-C13C-4FD1-93F3-D23A98A70838.jpeg

Tnoob

So today I got a dwarf c. Sellatus and he/she climbed on the enclosure top (which is not secured at all) and I was wondering if I should get an enclosure with a lock/latch? I’m just scared it’ll come out when I’m not home. It’s about the size of a thumb btw. (Also I’m not sure if it’s a c. Sellatus so if you know for sure please let me know!)View attachment 37600
Not sure about sp. But my spider is just in a deli cup. Never had an issue with escape. I just had an issue with my first two dying on me. I've got a 4th instar h Mac that I'll probably try to handle now that I'm good and drunk. Keep the ambulance running for me.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you want to identify a species @KezyGLA is the one to ask.

As for enclosure, you could rehouse into a deli cup (16 oz). If it's the same enclosure in the other thread, I think others use the same containers without issue.

babyjacks

Not sure about sp. But my spider is just in a deli cup. Never had an issue with escape. I just had an issue with my first two dying on me. I've got a 4th instar h Mac that I'll probably try to handle now that I'm good and drunk. Keep the ambulance running for me.
Do you happen to have an idea of why they died? :( also about how big is your T?

Tnoob

Do you happen to have an idea of why they died? :( also about how big is your T?
I'm not sure, honestly. My H pulchripes was laying on it's back in a death curl. My H Mac is about 2" dsl. I've recently decided to keep them away from Windows. That might help. My Dubia are doing fine.

Latest posts