• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shipping between countries

Tarantulamateur

Hi
I see that most of the people who sell tarantulas are from the USA, so does anyone know how shipping between Europe and US works? Are there any rules, recommendations...
Thanks in advance

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi
I see that most of the people who sell tarantulas are from the USA, so does anyone know how shipping between Europe and US works? Are there any rules, recommendations...
Thanks in advance
There are many rules that are quite strict, I don't of many, if any exporters here in the states.

A lot of paperwork would need to be done for permits and several other things, and I would assume those on the receiving end would have to do a lot of the same as well. As I'm not an importer or exporter, I can't really comment on anything.

@Todd Gearheart
@Austin S.
@Theneil
@Phil

One of the members I tagged, may possibly know more on the subject on one side or the other.

Oh, and your profile says that you are 14, so that will make it even more difficult I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Konstantin

Hi
It normally dont work to ship between Europe and US.Unless you are importing big shipment to justify all the hastle and paperwork.
There are loads reputable retailers in Europe you can buy from and probably quite a bit cheaper too than US prices
Regards Konstantin

Tarantulalover

There are many rules that are quite strict, I don't of many, if any exporters here in the states.

A lot of paperwork would need to be done for permits and several other things, and I would assume those on the receiving end would have to do a lot of the same as well. As I'm not an importer or exporter, I can't really comment on anything.

@Todd Gearheart
@Austin S.
@Theneil
@Phil

One of the members I tagged, may possibly know more on the subject on one side or the other.

Oh, and your profile says that you are 14, so that will make it even more difficult I'm guessing.
I see what you mean, thank you for your help. Although every selling I would do would be with my parents' permission.
I will talk to those who you tagged.

Thank you for helping,
Thomas

Tarantulalover

Hi
It normally dont work to ship between Europe and US.Unless you are importing big shipment to justify all the hastle and paperwork.
There are loads reputable retailers in Europe you can buy from and probably quite a bit cheaper too than US prices
Regards Konstantin
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
I did found several good spider shops in Europe, tho my concern was more of if I breed and want to sell tarantulas, that I would know how to do with US people who would want to buy.
I know, I didn't even started the hobby yet, I'm young etc, but I mean that is what I am looking forward to:)
Thank you,
Thomas

Theneil

Hi
Thanks in advance
Your analysis is wrong. The tarantula keeping hobby is actually much larger in Europe than it is in The US, it is just the forums where US sales seem to be the most prevalent.

Thing of it is, unless you plan on selling illegally, you are going to be selling into your own market regardless, so i would just find local shops to sell to. The only US people who are (legally) buying from europe, are the importers, and they are buying for one of two reasons.

To profit via aprbitrage. (buy in the less expensive EU market sell in the high US market)

or to get something they cant find in the US. (most species are established in Europe before US gets them)

So if you have the Next T. selidonia, you can charge whatever you want in either market, and if you don’t then you will sell at EU prices reguardless because the importer wont spend the time/money/effort to import if they aren't getting a good deal.

Tarantulalover

Your analysis is wrong. The tarantula keeping hobby is actually much larger in Europe than it is in The US, it is just the forums where US sales seem to be the most prevalent.

Thing of it is, unless you plan on selling illegally, you are going to be selling into your own market regardless, so i would just find local shops to sell to. The only US people who are (legally) buying from europe, are the importers, and they are buying for one of two reasons.

To profit via aprbitrage. (buy in the less expensive EU market sell in the high US market)

or to get something they cant find in the US. (most species are established in Europe before US gets them)

So if you have the Next T. selidonia, you can charge whatever you want in either market, and if you don’t then you will sell at EU prices reguardless because the importer wont spend the time/money/effort to import if they aren't getting a good deal.
Ok, that makes sense. Thank you

Latest posts