• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing A. Avic molt

Jacqueline King

Hey y'all, my juvie A. Avic molted last night and I was looking for help sexing the molt. I tried laying it flat, but I waited too long to do it so it got a little messy. Here are the pics. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 0423201040.jpg
    0423201040.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 0423201039.jpg
    0423201039.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 15

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The most important part you need to look at is still folded. You can try to cut this part off and put it in water with a drop of dish soap. After 10 min or so you can try to unfold it with maybe 2 needles and post another picture??
1587661663153.jpeg

Jacqueline King

The most important part you need to look at is still folded. You can try to cut this part off and put it in water with a drop of dish soap. After 10 min or so you can try to unfold it with maybe 2 needles and post another picture??
View attachment 45230
Thank you for the reply! I tried to unfold it using your advice but the area was damaged and very fragile so I wasn't able to flatten it without it basically disintegrating. Maybe I'll have to wait for the next molt. I appreciate the help though!

Latest posts