• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recently molted but unsure.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
588A4D7F-23F8-4449-9586-C8C36C34A790.jpeg

Bought as a B auratum but recently molted and I’m now questioning. I know they are part of “the red legs” but don’t know if they go through this phase as slings or not. About an inch btw @Phil @Casey K.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is NOT an auratum. They would look similar to hamorii (knees) as slings but darker in color. My guess is that would be a Brachypelma boehmi.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Reminds me of the G. rosea we bought as a sling that turned into this after her last molt
159071078029916539008276719021.jpg
"magic tarantula"

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When you say an inch, do you mean the body span is an inch or the diagonal leg span? I have a B. boehmi that is about an inch and isn't showing any coloration as of yet. Tarantula pictured looks a bit bigger than an inch is the only reason I ask....

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We don’t have a b boehmei af yet so doubles our chances I guess :). Now to source another b auratum :)
you missed out pal. I sold one last week. About 8cm DLS. Sorry. Strangely enough, he wanted and bought an 'auratum' but his was also a boheimi so I took that as a part trade. Maybe you both got from the same seller!?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
you missed out pal. I sold one last week. About 8cm DLS. Sorry. Strangely enough, he wanted and bought an 'auratum' but his was also a boheimi so I took that as a part trade. Maybe you both got from the same seller!?
It was one Kelly got from you :D at that size thou I can only assume you recieved it mislabelled. ;)

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don’t feel bad lol. It really doesn’t matter. :). While on the subject we had an “unknown burrower” that she said was from you and that’s a C Fimbriatus FYI :)

Latest posts