• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reasonable Price for a CF A. moderatum?

NorseDad

For some reason, I am one of those odd people who love the US "brown spiders". I am really in love with the look of A. moderatum, but I'm not sure what would be a reasonable price to pay for one before shipping. I'm at a stage in my keeping where I would rather pay more for a confirmed female than gamble with slings.

What should I expect to pay for an A. moderatum female?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For some reason, I am one of those odd people who love the US "brown spiders". I am really in love with the look of A. moderatum, but I'm not sure what would be a reasonable price to pay for one before shipping. I'm at a stage in my keeping where I would rather pay more for a confirmed female than gamble with slings.

I can't really help with the price as I'm in the UK and over here a A. Moderatum sling is around £30 and adult female you can expect to pay around £200+ @Casey K. May be able to help you with prices..
You can still take a gamble with slings just get more of them to increase your chances of getting a female :D best part of the hobby is growing on from slings in my opinion - that said if a rare species comes up as an adult female I would snap it up before someone else does :)
I too love 'brown spiders' the Aphonopelma genus has got so many my favourites being the dwarf species including the aphonopelma sp montane and sp paloma amongst others although I'm also very fond of our chalcodes.. She's a really nice T and feeds really well :)
Certainly go and get some more Ts by all means :D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I've seen 2" females sell for $150-200usd....although , I'm certain they are cheaper in Europe.

AphonoMel

3 Year Member
I picked up 2 slings that were about 2 inches each for $75 last week. The guy also had several unsexed subadults that were about 3-4 inches for $175.He has the slings listed for $65 each, but gave me a deal cause I've been buying from him for a while now.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can't really help with the price as I'm in the UK and over here a A. Moderatum sling is around £30 and adult female you can expect to pay around £200+

I love my Aphonopelmas & I think it was Creatures From The North that I was looking at a few days ago. They were advertising moderatum slings for about £65, so $200 (about £150) for an AF is reasonable, even by UK standards.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
CFTN has his most of website on a deal but most of his stock is unavailable.Seems they are a bit off their box to put unavailable stock on temporary deal offers.
I will love to have one of those Aphonopelmas and few others but they seem non existent in Uk atm.
Regards Konstantin

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
CFTN has his most of website on a deal but most of his stock is unavailable.Seems they are a bit off their box to put unavailable stock on temporary deal offers.

A few months ago CFTN were advertising Selenocosmia crassipes, with ask for details on FB. I contracted him & he said, I need to check stock levels. I heard no more.

He seems to put a lot of effort into promoting species he does not stock. I brought from TSS, who had stock.