• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Questions Regarding Grapevine and Dubia Roaches

A976486

3 Year Member
I have two questions: are dubia roaches able to climb on sandblasted grapevine, and, if so, would it be cost-effective in comparison to repeatedly buying egg flats?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have two questions: are dubia roaches able to climb on sandblasted grapevine, and, if so, would it be cost-effective in comparison to repeatedly buying egg flats?

I buy clean used egg flats off ebay for very small amounts. And the biggest reason for using egg flats, is the roaches like to gather in small dark corners.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am afraid the dubia will be able to climb the sandblasted grapevines without any difficulties but I wouldn't recommend using it as they would stain them with bodily fluids and very soon it will gather fungus and or bacteria. The egg flats, as m0lsx suggested quite cheap on ebay or even amazon, can be replaced as needed. They are also offering tons of hiding space as well a way for the roaches to separate themselves by size (I noticed mine like to gather with other roaches of the same sizes). If you compare the price of the egg flats to how much dubias cost, you will see that it is silly to try to save $ on something so useful and so inexpensive. My two cents :)
Have a great day.

Latest posts