1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question

Discussion in 'Avicularia' started by ReeceJones, May 21, 2018.

1. ReeceJones

ReeceJones New Member

i recently bought (yesterday) a Tapinauchenius plumpies and i read up online that they're related to the Avicularia because its a tree spider. The common name is Mahogany tree spider.

You'll find photos of my Tapinauchenius plumpies below.

Thank you for any comments.

Attached Files:

Arachnoclown likes this.
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Tapinauchenius are great Ts but be warned they are very fast, much faster than Avics. Congrats on a great buy :)
  3. ReeceJones

ReeceJones New Member

i did a little research for things like temp, humidity, natural habitats etc and found some information saying that Tapinauchenius are the fastest genus. I cleaned out her enclosure today (unfortunately where she was kept before the people had the enclosure like a swamp (and i do understand they have high humidity) and mold began forming and growing) and when i was getting her out of it she was being very calm and slowly walked out into another cup to hold her for the time being. She was actually calmer that my first T, Brachypelma Hamorii which are known to be amazing first tarantulas for being so docile and calm like grammostola rosea. And keep in mind this Tapinauchenius plumpies is my second T... I'm extremely careful. i don't want her bolting and then hiding from me
  4. Tortoise Tom

Tortoise Tom Well-Known Member

Congrats and thanks for sharing your new spider with us.
  5. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

@ReeceJones I always kept mine like an Avic, dry sub and a decent size water bowl and they've done fine.
    Metalman2004, Arachnoclown and Kymura like this.
  6. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

Congratulations on the knew T!!! Like @Enn49 said they are way faster then a Avic. My T. Gigas runs around none stop like a crackhead when disturbed!!!
    Enn49 and Metalman2004 like this.