• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

QotW: Skittish?

timc

3 Year Member
So, I got a new puppy 2 weeks ago and that thing is a lot of work. But, he’s asleep right now so I finally have the time/energy for a Question of the Week!

This week I want to talk about what the most skittish tarantula in your collection is.

Mine, bizarrely, would be my two Aphonopelma chalchodes slings. Every time I open the lid they’re doing laps like usain bolt. It’s interesting because in researching them I understood them to be a “calm” spider, and i’ve had a hentzi in the past that was basically a weird shaped rock lol. But these two are seriously nervous spiders and the larger one is the only spider i’ve had bolt all the way to the carpet in over 2 years. So feeding these two today is what inspired this question.

So, who is your most skittish tarantula?
73765E70-0B99-49D0-9E77-D9CD861AAD51.jpeg

(Had to include a picture because despite them being total spazzes, they’re otherwise wonderful spiders)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's definitely my Aphonopelma gabeli. A close second/third would be both of my female Aphonopelma hentzi.

20200807_111955.jpg

20200807_112418.jpg

IMG_20200516_202010_538.jpg

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
AF GBB. No questions asked. Juvenile gbb is fine but the adult, you touch the enclosure she’s running back and forth, put a cricket in she goes mental.
Second would be Nhandus. Especially the Chromatus.

Latest posts