• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Proud to show-off our Vivarium

Bazaar

What do you think? Any suggestions for improvement?

My son and I just got into the hobby, and started to bond more during COVID. We're happy to add two new slings, our Cameroon Red Baboon (Hysterocrates Gigas) and Antilles Pinktoe (Caribena Versicolor).
Vivarium setup.jpg

Two Styles of Enclosures
We hand drilled each vent in the AMAC boxes. We filled over the box for the Arboreal T the husbandry will not be disturbed.
We did find it more challenging to feed the Arboreal, as we needed to be quicker to keep the tiny crickets from jumping out (not a big deal).

We'll be adding more moss, and so cork bark soon. Also thought about using a pistachio shell for a water dish to keep things natural.

20200917_064732.jpg

Getting Ready to Rehouse

Pretty exciting to watch them grow. Looking forward to adding more Ts in the near future.

Dw07u

I'm also new to the hobby. The drilling work looks great! Can't wait to see more! Please post pics of the added cork bark etc as soon as you have added it :)

How big are your slings more or less?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi welcome to the forum. The Hysterocrates Gigas is a fossorial T, so will not need an arboreal enclosure. Depth & space to burrow is their main need. Also as it grows expect it to be very defensive & to stridulate, that is make a noise similar to hissing.

Bazaar

Hi welcome to the forum. The Hysterocrates Gigas is a fossorial T, so will not need an arboreal enclosure. Depth & space to burrow is their main need. Also as it grows expect it to be very defensive & to stridulate, that is make a noise similar to hissing.

Added a another 1.5" to the enclosure to give them more room to burrow, also added some wood chips for furniture.
20200930_073042.jpg

Thank you for sharing, Tim & sons.

Latest posts