• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible Moult on the way?

shaun

3 Year Member
So I put a small piece of egg carton in with my Honduras curly hair sling, hoping it would use it as a hide.
I found today that "bob the builder" had been excavating an the opening had been barricaded with soil.
I am guessing that it's do not disturb action means a moult may be imminent. Fingers crossed.

AndrewClayton

So I put a small piece of egg carton in with my Honduras curly hair sling, hoping it would use it as a hide.
I found today that "bob the builder" had been excavating an the opening had been barricaded with soil.
I am guessing that it's do not disturb action means a moult may be imminent. Fingers crossed.
It really just means do not disturb a moult could still be weeks away but yes it can be a sign of premoult so fingers crossed lol

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
When it's ready (which means hungry) it'll open a hole in the entrance. One of my albopilosum slings (Nicaraguan) stays buried underground for weeks at a time. I know it is still alive but it hardly ever surfaces. It will feed and reseal the burrow for another few weeks. The other one that I ordered at the same time couldn't be more different. That one is always on the surface. Ironically, that one is smaller than the one I call the 'miner' :)

Latest posts