• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria Ornata

This is my Ornata female.

Attachments

• E6DDF5A8-7D1F-4184-8674-F5F674CAD1DA.jpeg
    E6DDF5A8-7D1F-4184-8674-F5F674CAD1DA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Thank you!Most of the Ornata are, mine is skidish, but hasn’t shown a threat posture. Most of them I have seen have been aggressive. This is the first one I’ve seen that isn’t.
I have two ornata and two rufilata. All are skittish and none have shown any sort of threat or aggressive posture. When I touch their enclosures for feeding and maintenance, they all quickly teleport back into their hides. They all tend to be out in the open on a regular basis and I see them daily, but not once I start messin' with their enclosures. I've even seen a few lighting fast prey snatch and grabs. I'll bet those little roaches got a bad case of whiplash just before they died.

Tigrinawesseli is the next one I'm after.

Lol! Mine stay hid most of the time except my metallica. She stays out. She is believe it or not aggressive. Only Metallica I’ve ever owned that has been. Only time I see the others out is when they are hungry. I usually feed them, then back to the hide the go. I have actually seen a thread on a pair of hunamavillasumica and tiginiwesseli on here for sale. Not sure how far they are away from you but they are on the site.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have two ornata and two rufilata. All are skittish and none have shown any sort of threat or aggressive posture. When I touch their enclosures for feeding and maintenance, they all quickly teleport back into their hides. They all tend to be out in the open on a regular basis and I see them daily, but not once I start messin' with their enclosures. I've even seen a few lighting fast prey snatch and grabs. I'll bet those little roaches got a bad case of whiplash just before they died.

Tigrinawesseli is the next one I'm after.
Somebody caught poeci fever:D