• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Toe Sling Not Eating

Jeremiahm08

Hi all:)
I have a juvenile pink toe (about 1.5 inches) in an exo terra 8x8 for now and she hasn’t accepted for in about a month but hasn’t molted. Her abdomen looks a little slimmer now. She runs away from food and seems active but almost never in her hide. I worry it’s not just pre-molt but maybe stress keeping her from eating. But wouldn’t know what else I can do or what is causing it. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 3A7561E3-7067-4DFF-8FB5-131DA7DD3FC0.jpeg
    3A7561E3-7067-4DFF-8FB5-131DA7DD3FC0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50

Jeremiahm08

Don’t tell me you’re keeping it moist in there...it has good ventilation and isn’t kept moist. Aside from having a water bowl. And I live in Houston so it’s already a bit humid.
Don’t tell me you’re keeping it moist in there...
it has good ventilation and isn’t kept moist. Aside from having a water bowl. And I live in Houston so it’s already a bit humid.

MrGhostMantis

Some avics are in premolt when skinny, try offering water in its web. Mine did the same thing and refused to eat until I gave it some water droplets. Often they will be too stubborn to go to their water dishes.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can you post a clear pic of the T, please?
I can't see it if it's in your first pic...

Also, I don't see a water dish in your first pic.
Previous advice about watering webbing is good, but I don't see webbing.

How long have you had this T and has it started webbing? Has it ever eaten in your care?

Here's some light reading for you about keeping avics:

timc

3 Year Member
Your enclosure is way too big for a spider that size. And if that’s live moss in there, then yeah, it’s too wet in there. Try downsizing, leave the spider alone with water available for a week and then try feeding again.

timc

3 Year Member
Can you post a clear pic of the T, please?
I can't see it if it's in your first pic...

Also, I don't see a water dish in your first pic.
Previous advice about watering webbing is good, but I don't see webbing.

How long have you had this T and has it started webbing? Has it ever eaten in your care?

Here's some light reading for you about keeping avics:
Straight up from the leaning cork flat.