• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P Striata vs. P vittata

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I recently got a pair of P vittata slings and I've owned P striata for quite some time.

What are the similarities and differences between them aside from appearance as they get older?

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Since I have 2 P vittatas and only 1 P striata, that would be an unfair advantage on many different levels.

Both are great choices. The P striata is not affected by the latest outrageous federal ban & females especially are gorgeous.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Since I have 2 P vittatas and only 1 P striata, that would be an unfair advantage on many different levels.

Both are great choices. The P striata is not affected by the latest outrageous federal ban & females especially are gorgeous.
the pokie ban is not in effect in Uk/Europe and are all readily available and in the main, cheap. Feel for you guys on the other side of the pond :(

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The ban is even more retarded then you might think. You just can't take them across state lines. How keeping tarantulas both and bred 100% in the USA from crossing a state line helps out the ones in Sri Lanka is beyond me.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The ban is even more retarded then you might think. You just can't take them across state lines. How keeping tarantulas both and bred 100% in the USA from crossing a state line helps out the ones in Sri Lanka is beyond me.
in fairness though, and I have googled it, very easy to get flights from NYC to Sri Lanka so those border checks and ban from crossing state line are actually justified.....PMSL. :D:D:D:D (joke). Makes no sense whatsoever!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For the cost of one plane ticket and a decent motel, you could get 10 P metallicas & top of the line display enclosures for each of them!!

Plus, you'd still have enough money left over for a Xenethis imminas or two!!

Also, not having to tangle with the local and highly venomous snakes, which ensures your survival is a nice fringe benefit.

Latest posts