• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P metallica project

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Brought in a bunch of these as 3i slings a while back to shared with fellow clubs members (ICSC) and kept 5 for myself

I put them in 2x2x3 amac boxes that I set up for non-avic arboreals and they are now ready for the next rehouse.
PXL_20210212_190311868.MP.jpg
PXL_20210212_190257968.MP.jpg

Because 5 is an odd number, I brought in a 6th P mett sling, suspected female, and put her in the next size up enclosure the rest of the bunch are earmarked for:
PXL_20210212_190234133.MP.jpg

Peanut butter jar enclosures!

PXL_20210212_194117835.MP.jpg

All these came from @Casey K. aka The Tarantula Fairy :) :T:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Brought in a bunch of these as 3i slings a while back to shared with fellow clubs members (ICSC) and kept 5 for myself

I put them in 2x2x3 amac boxes that I set up for non-avic arboreals and they are now ready for the next rehouse.View attachment 53742View attachment 53743

Because 5 is an odd number, I brought in a 6th P mett sling, suspected female, and put her in the next size up enclosure the rest of the bunch are earmarked for:View attachment 53744
Peanut butter jar enclosures!

View attachment 53746

All these came from @Casey K. aka The Tarantula Fairy :) :T:
Nice. Great score getting a bunch of P mets.

Spiders&Snakes

What will be the final upgrade from the peanut butter jars?

Curious, because when my Avic matures, I am not knowing what to house her in.

Any recommendations on a final setup for a mature Versi?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What will be the final upgrade from the peanut butter jars?

Curious, because when my Avic matures, I am not knowing what to house her in.

Any recommendations on a final setup for a mature Versi?
Probably gallon jugs

For a mature avics I use inverted gallon jugs or exo terra nano tall type enclosures. Avics web at the top of their enclosures, so top openers are not always ideal

Spiders&Snakes

Probably gallon jugs

For a mature avics I use inverted gallon jugs or exo terra nano tall type enclosures. Avics web at the top of their enclosures, so top openers are not always ideal
This is really good to know. I'm absorbing info like a sponge here. Really glad I joined this forum.

So much knowledge and experience here, it's very impressive.

Thank you!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Do the poeci's web at the top too?

Sorry for so many questions, but you are like a goldmine of information and I'm eager to learn...
Non-avic arboreals don't specifically web high up, but they can. They tend to utilize natural hides, like holes in trees, or they make dirt-curtain hides against things like trees, and some burrow (not like terrestrials)

Poecilotheria can be kept like Pseudoclamoris, Psalmopoeus, etc as slings but will require more space than those as adult

There are far more experienced, and knowledgeable, keepers here than I. Do your research!

Latest posts