• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Irminia egg sac retrieval....

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Of course I handled the retrieval but I guess this will make Enzo a “papa” and by extension I am becoming a grandfather way before my age :)
P.S: I was expecting something much smaller.

CA9BDF08-D479-4E80-B9EA-C90F5B38062A.jpeg
B1043B22-2CC0-4A02-A94B-298D6A71FDF4.jpeg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Share the details, when did you pair her?
When did she make the sac?
How many days till you pulled it from her?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Paired on January 1st:

She lives in a long cocoon on the left side of a very big terrarium. We decided to leave the male overnight with her to see if he would like another go at it. The next morning he was standing on the glass near the cocoon entrance and we decided to try one more day. Needless to say that this went on for a while and they were separeted this afternoon for the first time after over 3 months. Even more interesting, he would eat a lot while with her and would also go inside the cocoon. As we saw him go inside one of the enclosure bark tubes this afternoon, we decided to open the cocoon to check on the female and see if an egg sac was produced.
54D5C7BB-B053-40F1-9202-108A8535BA29.jpeg

Going to keep them separated for now on until the next pairing.