• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ornata mature question

Logan D

3 Year Member
im just curious how you would tell if a male is mature or not since pokies don't have hooks
also when would a female be considered mature ?
here are their last molt dates
female 5/3/2018
male 7/7/2018

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
The palps on the male will make it very obvious. If the bulbs are there it’s pretty easy to see them. If you aren’t sure, they probably aren’t there. You can always post pics.

How big is your female? General rule is 75-80% of full grown and they’re mature enough to mate. The only way to be totally sure is to look at the molt to see that the flap has darkened (technical terms, I know :)).

Logan D

3 Year Member
The palps on the male will make it very obvious. If the bulbs are there it’s pretty easy to see them. If you aren’t sure, they probably aren’t there. You can always post pics.

How big is your female? General rule is 75-80% of full grown and they’re mature enough to mate. The only way to be totally sure is to look at the molt to see that the flap has darkened (technical terms, I know :)).
the female is 7inches and the male is 6.3inches I can post more pictures of him later

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heres both of my mature males
20181025_224722.jpg
20181013_083923 (1).jpg