• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Oh no you don't!

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Had a 2.75" juvie male Psalmopoeus irminia take off on me during a rehousing today. Little devil got up under the dresser my ball python's tank is on. He was less than thrilled.

I grabbed his cork bark with my tongs and he had leaped off the rim of his deli cup, across the floor and under the dresser before I could say WTF!

Attachments

• WP_20141227_001.jpg
    WP_20141227_001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Little monkey:T:. This is why I rehouse little ones inside an ExoTerra viv, at least they can't get too far and are easy to catch. The 3 big ones will hopefully not need rehousing although we have moved the P. vittata twice since she came without too much trouble.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow, he is none too happy!

So glad that you were able to find and scoop him up. And thanks for the reminder of just how fast some of these species can be!

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
It was almost funny just how angry the little guy was.

It was the first time I've had a T get away on me like that. I've had a few others try though. Usually im quick enough to cup them but this little guy was gone and hiding before I could even grab the catch cup sitting right next to me.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It was almost funny just how angry the little guy was.

It was the first time I've had a T get away on me like that. I've had a few others try though. Usually im quick enough to cup them but this little guy was gone and hiding before I could even grab the catch cup sitting right next to me.

Ha!

I've had good luck with transfers, knock on wood, but posts like yours remind me to always stay on my toes. Thanks! :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nothing more nerve wracking than a re-housing. For both spider and keeper. Glad it worked out.

Latest posts